View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmaker View Post
MrGitrdone41,
Guns and Cubs Sounds good to me too!

Duke,
I guess I hadn't noticed the similarity until I looked a little closer. Todd is the better looking brother!

Todd, (Bro)
That's a lot of meat through your shop! We are at about the 375 lb mark right now, That may be it for the year unless this new jerky recipe is a big hit, then the .50 cal. Hawken muzzle loader may be pressed into action after Christmas for the late season. I saved out some steaks and the back straps and want to try to cook them on the grill. Any good recipes for venison fillets on the grill?
We only shoot what we are going to eat. It had been several years for me and the last one was a nice doe taken from a stand in the same wood lot. (I picked this house because it looked like a good deer crossing.) We have killed several deer in these woods each year for the last 26 years. (so we are part of the contributing factor in the deer herd population decline)
I agree with you Todd, hunting helps put me in touch with our food supply. I have been helping butcher since I was old enough to walk, guess its in the blood.

Vince,
That looks like a great hunting spot. Yes whack them just in the edges of the woods.

We have bigger deer in the area but the luck of the draw dealt me this one and I was pleased.
Regards,
Chris
Try 1 or 2 steaks & marinate overnight in Russian or Catalina salad dressing. Great taste for a change. Never ever overgrill them, a slight pink inside is the only way to go.

Nik,