View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelly.me View Post
I love those trucks! I had a 87? GMC. Power windows and locks with A/C. That truck was so dependable. Only major issue I had was had to replace the automatic locking hubs with lock outs. You hopefully will address the engine issue with something better than the anemic stock 305 mine had. Good luck!
This has 350 with cracked #1 cylinder. Kid put Holley intake and 650 Holley carb on it but refilled with water!! Broke by water jacket! I bought a Hi output 350 out of 89 truck that came factory with a little hotter cam and headders. EFI but I am going to try running the Holley set up before changing the wiring harness out of the other truck. Buying engine from a buddy that owns a junk yard that drives each vehicle that ends up there into lot so i know she will be a runner. And rest of the truck is there because scrap is so low he hasn't crushed anythinv in months. So if need be i can get the harness or anything else i need.
Has anyone ever heard the factory headders on a chevy? Just curiouse cause truck has hooker headders with short, straight pipe into the very short thrush glasspack and a 2ft straight tailpipe. I know that is gonna be LOUD which was "cool" when I was younger but now adays I try not to bring any more unwanted (police) attention than nessecary!! X-wife does enough of that shtuff for me!! Will go out today and get some better pics of this thing today. I sent my 11yr old boy out to get my smokes off the front seat after towing it about 5 miles home with a chain and he could hardly get into it!