View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoton View Post
Yeah, the Sun Engine analyzer, remember when those were top of the line?

Thanks for commenting Cooperino.

I don't remember when they were tippy top lol Not that old.. But I used them for many many years before OBDI.. Remember counting the flashes ?? UUgh. what a nightmare. Then in 96 OBDII wreaked some havoc until everyone got up to speed. I really really liked the simpler days tho. Maybe why I am attracted to old trucks, cars and tractors. When new ford 4.9's became impossible to get the TUG manufacturers tried Ford 4.2 liter fuel injected engines for awhile. Horrible engine especially in industrial use, but the real problem was the older GSE techs had very little knowledge of fuel injection let alone ECM's. Luckily the engines were so horrible the manufactures stopped using them within a couple years and went to OEM spec new 4.9's again. Since then they stopped messing around and now produce primarily tugs with Cummins 4 cylinders, Deutz, or Perkins engines. Now i feel sorry for the older guys still wrenchin in mom and pop shops with the self driving, self braking systems coming out. Will be a couple years before the warranty is out and people start bringing these to small auto shops but when it happens it will be difficult for them.