View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Grand Member

Cub123,
You did a awesome job on your tiller! Yea I see it was rusty also but you did a great job on the restoration work! Adding the extensions and sheet metal look real good. Hope mine turns out and works as good.
I noted in your post, same as Todd mentioned, that the PTO clutch needs to be in good shape to run one of these tillers.
Here are some pictures from today as tiller came apart.
I do have all the tin off and most is straightened. Had some severe bends in to portion behind the tiller where the flap attaches. Its all ready to go into the de-rusting tank.
I found the rust holes after banging on the body trying to straighten the back edge. Also found two spots that will need some welding. So far this is about right. I did not get into taking the drive case apart yet. Is this chain drive I assume? I put the belt guard in the tank to clean but not much action I may need to recharge the bath?
Looks like I may need some heat to loosen and remove the tine assemblies from the drive shaft? I have all the cross pins out.
Regards,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG1159.jpg (26.6 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1160.jpg (23.4 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1161.jpg (30.8 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1162.jpg (30.3 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1163.jpg (32.9 KB, 429 views)

Cubs: 147R and the "train", 127 elec lift, 127, 125, 106, 102, 100, 86, 73, Brinly plow, Snow thrower, 2 Rototillers, several mower decks and several snow plows, #1 cart, Grandkids barrel cart.