View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:12 AM

Default 2182 WG-600 Crankshaft help

Hello, I am new here. Currently have a 1210, a 2182, and a 2072 with a 26hp Honda.

Anyway, I bought the 2182, it ran decently but leaked oil and seemed a little lacking on power. I pulled the motor and tore it apart. Rod bearings looked good, bore of pistons looked good. Seemed kind of odd, everything was clean until....

The main bearings. I noticed no play when trying to wiggle the flywheel. Tore the motor down further, noted a lot of play. An amount that almost seemed unfathomable. I could physically pick the crank up with all the bearings in place (uh-oh). I removed the crank and discovered (see photo below). I have absolutely no idea how the thing ran without making noise. It barely seemed down on power from the 26hp honda (thought this could be a realistic discovery). I only ran this for an hour before I tore it apart (yes it was full of oil).

I am concerned this is beyond turing to the undersized bearing they sell (-.4mm).

Does anyone happen to know if the D600 and/or D640 cranks will work? I am going to check all the dimensions on the block (if I can find them) to see if it is even worth repairing.

Does anyone happen to have one of these cranks for sale?

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (1).jpg (29.5 KB, 104 views)