View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 AM

Default Green or White Story

Hello all, nice to see a fresh start to a great website. Ive got a 149 that was given to me, Its in really good shape. . .really. My brother bought two garden tractors at his local citywide garage sale for 300.00 one was green and the other was yellow and white. This past winter he asked me if I might want the yellow and white one as he just wanted the green one. Well we grew up on a farm and my first few jobs were with farmers tilling fields. Ive driven bigger deeres, IH(1066, 1466), Chalmers tractors. WE grew up with deere but I always liked the international. I always liked playing with the TA(torque amplifier). So when my brother asked I hesitated in disbelief. So now I own a oct 1973 149 with a 42in deck. My brother is green(pun) with envy as he cant get his green thing running(212).

Question Im fabricating a rear lift arm and wondered if anyone could give me the diameter of the rod that holds the lift arm to the frame. I need to make one and want it as close to original as possible, just in case I run across one(lift arm) cheap. Thanks for your input
- Bob