Thread: New shop
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Radiant floor heat in Georgia is pretty much non existent. It doesn't get cold enough to justify it. On one end of this building will be an 800sf apartment for my MIL. I hate carpet so it will probably have a lot of tile or similar for flooring and I know that she will be cold walking on an unheated floor. Her place will have a separate heat pump system for heat and a/c.

My shop area will also have a heat pump system for its primary heat & a/c also.

I'm wanting to install the radiant because I think it's a good way to heat and would be cool to have. The cost isn't much for the oxygen barrier Pex either at $0.21/ft. I figured I would have a total of less than $700 in Pex pipe in the slab. I'm a commercial HVAC contractor so nothing will get subbed out. I will do it all myself at my own pace as time allows. If I had to pay out of pocket to have this done there would be no way I would ever think about it.
And you will love it when you're done. I don't think it matters where you're at, in floor is awesome.
1- 1864 in pieces
QA36A Thrower, #1 Tiller w/ extensions, IH windbreaker, IH wheel weights, 44C mower deck, 50C mower deck, CCC 54" Blade, GT46 high vacuum deck, GT54 deck, Cub Tripple Bagger, Custom dozer blade, Custom suitcase weights, 3pt cultivator, lawn sweeper, original R-Bucket