View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Default Cub Cadet LT1018 stalling problem

I am having a problem with my Cub Cadet mower with CV492S Koehler engine. While mowing after about 5 or 10 minutes intermittently the mower will bog down as if it were running out of gas and try to stall. When this happens if I turn off the pto it will recover and run ok for a little while then do it again. It seems like it primarily happens when the mower is on a slight incline or decline. I replaced the fuel filter but it is still happening. I thought it might be a dip in the fuel line but this mower has a fuel pump so I don't think it's gravity fed. I have loosened the gas cap when this happens to check for a possible venting problem but that did not change anything. I also ran a fuel line from a gas can directly to the fuel pump to check for possible blockage in fuel tank or fuel line between fuel tank and fuel pump but it still tried to stall out. Could it be a fuel pump or carburetor problem or something else? When I had the fuel line in the gas can I pulled the fuel line out with the mower running but I didn't feel any suction in the fuel line. Thanks for your help! Sean