View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrat View Post
If you can get it, use it.
New 2011 Cub Cadet GT 2000 7 Seasons Grass and Leaves (ends in Dec)
Used only Non Ethanol with fuel life extender Now has 400 hours. NEVER failed to start. Park mower at end of Dec. Turn the key and start back up in April. Never had the mower in the shop. I changed the engine oil, filters, hydro oil and filter. THATS ALL
2011 String Trimmer, 2011 Blower. Used only TRUFUEL 50-1 ($6.00 per quart) 7 Seasons NEVER Failed To Start Never been in the shop.

Moral of the story: Pay a little more now or a heck of a lot more later.

Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend. My cousin owns a lawn mower sales and repair. He laughs all the way to the bank and loves ethanol gas. How much does a visit to the repair shop in your shop costs? It is expensive around here.
Riverrat

Number 1 reason "Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend" is poor fuel storage habits. Been

There isn't an additive that can make gas last 400 hours. You won't have any problems if small engine owners would just follow what the small engine manufactures say in there site.

Quote:
by yeeter
Personally I find this entire ethanol debate confusing. Its pretty hard to get thoughtful, unbiased information that isn't influenced by political motivation.
I thought the same thing. That is why I did my own test. My results are from my own test. My test mules were an IH Cub Cadet 70-100 and a 149.