View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Grand Member

Mike I've read back in your thread and although I don't have a schematic for this I think I see how it works.

Question. Did you verify that your blade motor solenoid coil was getting both positive and negative control voltages when you ran it? Your coil has 2 control voltage posts indicating it needs a positive at one and a negative at the other which if you bench tested it you know that. I can't tell exactly but it was stated earlier that one of them comes from a thermal switch inside the blade motors. The other comes from a traction switch so I'm assuming when travel is requested with the blade switch on, the coil is signaled with that voltage. This should not be a frame ground system so what readings did you get that said the solenoid was bad? It's very probable that the solenoid is faulty just due to the age but Just remember that BOTH control voltages to this solenoid appear to be switched and not constant so if one of them is missing, it won't work. And then there's the power side of the solenoid so did you find a faulty control or power side issue with the solenoid? Would like to see a schematic on this one for sure.
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub