Thread: KT17 surging
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 12:48 AM

Hi John:

I had the same problem with my nonadjustable Walbro.

You can't use the choke lever out of your old carb and use the new choke plate because the holes for securing it (the plate) on the lever shaft are not in the same location as the new one. When I tried using my old choke lever and choke plate in the new isavetractors carb, it (the plate) did not seat correctly inside the carb. (Do they fit inside - yes. Is it a good solution? No, it's a crappy option because the old plate in the new carb binds and leaves gaps around the plate edges and the walls of the new carb.) You really are forced to use the new choke lever with the new choke plate. I did and my KT17-2 in my 682 runs much better because you can now adjust it....and everything is nice and tight in the new carb.

Below is the new isavetractors carb (the one you need) with my old choke lever and plate installed - and the choke never worked correctly. Norman at isavetractors now carries the choke lever in the "upward position" which is the correct lever for our application - which he did not have when I purchased the carb last year. I have since received the new upward lever (free with $5/shipping), installed it and the choke now operates perfectly.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Carb Installed.jpg (21.4 KB, 70 views)

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER
- We build the machines that work.

1811/682/1440/IH #4/IH QA 42"