Thread: 582 woes
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
If you've messed with that many carbs, then I would have thought you would know you can't just change a needle out with a new one and expect it to run right. You have to readjust the carb. Come on, it's not that difficult.... if you really have rebuilt, jetted and adjusted carbs before.

You had the carb off, you need to readjust the governor also. That is likely why the throttle responds differently.
I'm not sure why you would think I lied about doing carb work and don't know why I feel the need to prove myself but here, look at this thread and note the username: http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...eaning-rebuild It's safe, just a dirt bike/quad site that I wrote a sticky for.

I haven't found a manual online for this engine yet and I'm not going to go messing with the screws until I at least understand what they do. As for the governor I didn't realize you had to readjust it just because you removed the carburetor and again, without a manual, I'm sort of screwed.

It runs fine at the original settings, it's just the starting issue and it may be what you said earlier about needing to break in a little because it fired right up this morning. I'd still like to find a manual though and adjust that governor.