Thread: Big Changes
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubDieselFan View Post
Have you got the first load yet?
This is a completely different life than what I had before. I haven't kept up on several of the forums I belong to.

I started typing this around 7 am thinking I had the day off. I got a call for a short haul and he wanted picked up about 8 am. On the way down, another guy called for a short run. Before I left with the first guy, a third guy called.

It's 11 am now. I'm waiting for the third guy to get something at a store as I type this. A fourth guy called. I pick him up in about 20 minutes, take him somewhere and drop him off get the second guy that I dropped off an hour ago and take him home, then go get the fourth guy and take him home.

Now it's 12:15 pm There has been from 2 to 5 people on each run. Three of the runs ended up at the same sale. I'm getting ready to take one bunch to a store, then home. As soon as I get them home, I come back and get a another group. The first group I brought up said They will find another way home.

I've turned down two other runs because I couldn't fit them in. According to other drivers, this kind of schedule isn't uncommon for a Saturday. Typing this in bits and pieces, I hope this made sense. I don't know if I'm coming or going. Weekdays are a lot less hectic; usually 1 - half to full day run.

My first day of work was October 14. I've had -
1 - 2,000 mile round trip run
19 - full day runs
5 - 1/2 day runs
5 - short hauls (I charge $40 flat fee for hauls under 25 miles).

4 more short hauls today.