View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 PM

Default My Cub 126 and 127

Hello all,

I've been asking questions regarding my two tractors, so I figured I should just make a thread. Better to make one place for all my questions.

Quick backstory:

I purchased my 126 to mow my lawn, plow my driveway, and use for tractor parades and local pulling. We have a few events every year. Nothing too serious. My 126 is running great, and I decided I wanted to add headlights. I found a 127, with headlights, for $225 - which was only $100 more than headlights/tail lights/switch would cost me. So, I purchased it. I have it up and running nicely. The 127 also came with a 48" deck and a really nice homemade weight box.

My plan is to make the best tractor out of the two, and then pass the 127 along.

I'm completely new to cub tractors, but have a general understanding of how they work.

Hopefully you stuck through my story. If you did, maybe you can help me with my current problem. I am trying to remove the headlight switch from the 127, so that I can transfer it to my 126. I loosened the nut that is on the outside of the tractor, but the two halves of the switch will not separate. How does one remove this switch? I don't want to pull to aggressively and end up breaking it. These switches aren't cheap to replace.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to take a bunch of photos, and start loading them up. The 126 will be setup to do work, not for show, but I think its really starting to look great!

Again thanks for the help this community has bestowed upon me already. I hope I can pay it forward and help the next poor clueless soul that wanders in.