View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrobert View Post
I'm considering a blade or blower for snow and I know the front hydro fittings would let me angle a blade. What other benefit would I get from adding front fittings? What would it cost to buy all the parts (used) from an 1812? I would want a complete set to be sure I got all the right parts.
Being able to change angle of the blade without getting of the tractor is great if your snow pushing pattern requires it. Sometimes you can just make a pattern that keeps things going in the direction you want without changing blade angle. So this depends on your particular situation.

You have to pull the engine, and spool valve and replace the mechanism and valve with a dual spool version. There are lines that go beside the engine to the front fittings. The frame likely has holes already, or if not prestamped knockouts for the fittings.

I see setups for between $150 to $250 for everything you need to convert the tractor. The good news is these are shipable. But then you need to modify a blade, or find one with a cylinder already on it. These may be harder to find than the tractor part, and I would estimate between $200 and $350 for the blade with power angle.

Others will have better insight but $.02