View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Grand Member

Default Anybody know much about water softeners?

Because ours is on the fritz and the wife isn't happy showering in hard water. I tell her it's water, how can it be hard?! She doesn't find it funny and you know what they say, happy wife happy life; well, my wife isn't happy so that should tell you how my life is right now

Anywho, on to the issue. My salt tank is full of water I've tried taking the line that goes from the salt tank to the brine tank off and cleaning it out, pulling the suction tube and cleaning it, and cleaning anything else I can get at to no avail. If I manually start the cycle, the timer will run through but no change.

Funny thing is, for my day job I run the Maintenance Department where I work but if you ask anyone I work with what I think of plumbing, without a doubt the first thing that will come out of there mouth is "Ryan f&#*ing hates plumbing"

Any suggestions what I could try or should I just call someone and leave it at that? I'm more than willing to tare into things if I know what I'm going after. Thanks in advance guys