View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketheRedcubs View Post
This nice buck was taken in Northeastern Michigan by my son in my spot on November 16th. I got the smaller one the night before. There are a lot of deer in this area but they are usually small...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Congrats to you and your son.
The reason they are small, is because the overall deer population is to high, and the land can not support the deer numbers, and no one let's the bucks grow. Something like 80 some % of the bucks killed in MI are 1 1/2 year old.
Dead 1 1/2 year old bucks can't get big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Nice buck. I'll tell you what I'm surprised about, that Chivy ain't rusted out up there in the snow belt! Darrell, tell your son congrats on the monster buck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketheRedcubs View Post
It is true that the population is high up there but we are trying to "manage" the heard to be older. Mine was a 2 and 1/2 year old and weighted in at approx. 150#. My sons was approx. 3 and 1/2 year old and weighted in at 180#. I thought they were older until we looked at the teeth. They are fed very well up there!! Lots of farms!!

Oak, that "chivy" only has 96k on her... it is a 1991 and back then they built them better! I am surprised too as it was our farm truck! It's had a hard life!! My kid can't wait till we get him back from the taxidermist!!

We just got the buck back that my son got back in November. Our taxidermist friend did an excellent job!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0152.jpg (14.3 KB, 92 views)
982 with 3 PH, rear pto, front & rear hydrs & ps, 1772 w/3 point, rear PTO, 86, 2 Haban 60" decks, Haban 54" snow/dirt blade, Brinly Cat 0 Disk, 5' blade & 2 Cat 0 Plows, SpeeCo Cat 0 plow, Sears cat 0 Cultivator, Cat 0 CC 442 Tiller, 60” rear mower, 450 blower