Thread: Cub Cadet 123
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:12 AM
Grand Member

Thumbs up

Hello! Congrats on a very nice looking model 123! I agree, as long as your happy with what you paid for it, then that's all that matters! A lot of good members spend that kind of money into fixing up a banged-out IH Cub Cadet on top of paying $200 for the carcass! I like the fact that your 123 has a very nice seat too! I have the model 125, which is almost identical to your garden tractor!

I run only Cub Cadet or Kohler brand engine oils in my collection. Hytran Ultra for the transmission, along with a cub cadet filter. Being a single cylinder splash lube engine, I always keep my engine oil level slightly above the full mark on the engine oil dip stick. Given the bad rep on some of the 82 Series twin cylinder engines, I'd take this 123 over that headache any day, lol! I don't recall any past experience with any of my collection related to the oil drainage sound I'm trying to interpret from your last post above.

However, I know that your 123 will start just as easy as a new car in the dead of winter if the tractor is correctly in time, and has the carburetor correctly adjusted, along with a good starting circuit!

Thanks for the pictures!!
IH CUB CADET 1450, 72, 86, 1211, IH #2 CART, IH 56" SNOW BLADE, COLLECTING CUB CADET ENGINES