View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 10:37 PM

Today I pulled the steering cam pin and it appears it had never been adjusted cause it was worn flat on two sides. See pic. I pumped the worm drive full of grease and the wheel turns real smooth so hopefully the new pin I ordered will fix it right up. The steering was one of the complaints from the PO.

I greased the front wheels, spindles and axle. All seem fine with not too much wear. Looks like PO had 1" axles welded on the spindles.

I fired it up again and it runs real smooth but it dies without full choke. You guys told me to pull the carb so I got a rebuild kit that I'll install real soon. I tested forward, reverse, hydo-deck up/down and the PTO. Everything works!

I got most of the tins off and pressure washed the whole tractor. There's a mound of caked on dirt behind the hydro pump. Could it be leaking around the shaft? I'll check the next time I start it.

I don't know what a trunion is but you all were concerned whether it was worn. Looks fine in the pic. What do I lube it with?

Any reason I should replace the head bolts or lube them? They're pretty rusty, I wouldn't want them to break off if I ever have to pull the head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trunion.jpg (27.6 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg Cam follower pin.jpg (20.6 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Head.jpg (30.4 KB, 102 views)