View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:43 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Gompers, yes the blower came with the tractor (unmounted). And I have not checked yet if it will sit flat with the lifting rod detached, and I don't recall from when we mounted it a couple months ago. There is tension on the rod so I imagine it will fall somewhat.

- And, I have a feeling that the lifting rod may have been made recently. The plate at the hydraulic end did not look factory produced / original, it's not very worn, leading me now to wonder if it is the correct length... The old fella we bought it from had picked up the pump on ebay in 2005 from someone who had it on a 123, the ad says and,

"Cub Cadet NF Hydraulic Lift, Rockshaft, Belt, and all mounting brackets, nuts, and bolts". No Lift rod mentioned.

And, no, I did not "adjust the stop on the lift". I am not sure I know what the stop is ! We only took off the deck carriage and attached the lift rod plate to the end of the hydraulic ram.

I will examine it again but I believe that the ram was pulling into the cylinder completely.

I will get some pictures when I can. (Thanks R Bedell)

And thank-you Old Skull - for the link to the QA-42 manual.
We are near Wakefield, Qc., btw.