Thread: Cub Cadet 123
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 06:53 PM

So I really don't want to bore you guys on here. If I have a new question, I'm not sure if I should post it to my existing thread or start a new one. I'm sure someone can advise me here. I took my 123 for ride today, just for fun. It fired right up at idle. First time I've run it in a while. I think I should be happy about that. When I shut it down, I heard th sounds of fluids (oil) running down in the engine to the pan and thought about splash lubrication. In the 80's when I put myself through college cutting lawns with a Toro with a B&S with splash lube, my dad would always say to be very careful about going in the same direction while on a grade for too long. I'd see the competition get dropped off at other lawns near mine with lawnboys and just go crazy running with those things. Then I got a newer self propelled Toro with a Tecumseh engine. They and B&S always seemed to compete to supply motors to the lawmower companies. The Tecumseh was pump lubricated which I learned early on about as the fill cap would unscrew itself occasionally covering everyone nearby with a gentle shower of oil. So I'm thinking splash is really quite good isn't it? Is there a reason why less than full on the dipstick is better than full? Thanks everyone!!