View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 PM

I got my new solenoid in yesterday and retested the old one as well as the new one. I volt test both and they both tested out good.

Were I found a problem on the old one that is still mounted and wired is that with the traction solenoid and motor running I should be getting 36v at the input control post on the blade solenoid with the blade switch in the start or run position. I am only getting about 2v. That takes me back to were I was last fall, suspecting that one of the two switches is faulty. I have 36v to the blade switch, so my first suspect is that switch.

Last fall I looked high and low for a replacement and couldn't find anything that would for sure work. A lot of possibles, but none that gave me how they functioned.

Can anyone enlighten me on how the electric PTO switches work? Do they have 3 positions as in Start/Run/Off and three terminals? If so, they might be my best option.

Alvy - I'll email you my actual testing outcomes tomorrow. I have some thoughts on "jumper" wiring the switch(s) to lock in which one is actually the culprit.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this retirement deal is way too much work

Mike