View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Default 2182 Gas to Diesel-some questions.

I have the thread below looking for crankshaft help. My WG-600 spun 3 bearings, and instead of sourcing a crank I found a donor.

Fast forward, I found a Kubota G5200 that seems to run decently. It has 750 hours on it. It puffs some black on startup and under load, so it may not be perfectly optimal.

The plan is to run it for a while and see how it does.

I have gotten a lot of the work done in switching the stuff over, it's relatively straight forward, but there were some subtle differences that surprised me. Most notably, the water pump's must be different because the fan mounts lower on the diesel.

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to take a photo of their 1782's fan shroud. I am assuming it will be the same as the D-600, but I could be mistaken. I seem to recall that at least the smaller cub's with the D-600's had the radiator in the front of the tractor. I may be mistaken. I note that the shroud on the G5200 has an opening at the bottom, quite similarly to what I am thinking I need.

My thought is to switch to the WG-600's water pump, but i have to make sure that will work first.

Here are some photos of the process.