Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I'm Bummed (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42319)

Sam Mac 01-10-2016 01:06 PM

I'm Bummed

Didn't win the Power Ball so I had to cancel the order for the yacht and the Ferrari. :biggrin2:

jaynjeep 01-10-2016 01:28 PM

Sam,

I didn't win either!!... but I hadn't ordered anything yet!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

mortten 01-10-2016 01:32 PM

My son won $4. He bought 2 tickets for the next drawing.

olds45512 01-10-2016 01:42 PM

You had me up until Ferrari, I'd go with a 72 cutlass S with a mini tub and a blown 455 olds.:biggrin2:

My wife and I were discussing what we would do if we won and she thought I would still work, I said hell no I'm never gonna work again. She said but you'd be so board, I told her I'd have a brand new building with a brand new paint booth and all new equipment and I'd spend my days working on my own projects. It would take a while for me to restore 1 of each model cub Cadet.

J-Mech 01-10-2016 01:55 PM

I'd still work. I would go to work everyday and be insufferably annoying and rude until they fired me. :biggrin2:

olds45512 01-10-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 358539)
I'd still work. I would go to work everyday and be insufferably annoying and rude until they fired me. :biggrin2:

So then nothing would change.:bigeyes::biggrin2:

1811woody 01-10-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mech (Post 358539)

I thought you were the boss if that's true then that means you wouldn't be able to stand your self

1811woody 01-10-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 358546)

:LMAO1: that's too funny

J-Mech 01-10-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 358546)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1811woody (Post 358549)
I thought you were the boss if that's true then that means you wouldn't be able to stand your self

LMFAO! You're right. No real change.

Yes, I'm the boss, but I still have a boss. Just not anywhere close to me. He's at least an hour and 45 min away. Some day's I'm pretty "insufferable" towards him. When he pisses me off, I just ignore his calls and emails. After 3 days or so I ask him if he's ready to let me run my shop my way. So far, it works. We get along better all the time. He is figuring out he can't micro-manage me. I could care if I get fired, I'm not scared of being self-employed or finding another job. Not that I want to be fired.... I'm just not scared. I've made a lot of improvements at my locations, and think I'm pretty valuable. Besides, it's a big company and you have to screw up pretty bad to get fired. From what I've seen about the only way you can is by tearing up equipment and trying to hide it. Just not doing your job, or being really bad at it isn't enough. Also, just my boss wanting me gone isn't enough. HR, his boss and maybe even his boss would have to be on board. That's unlikely. I have a pretty good rapport with them. I just wish I could get some better techs. I've got a couple that just make my head hurt most days. In business, your only as good a manager as the people under you. The two in question don't make me look good. I hired one, I inherited the other. My mistake on the one I hired. He looked really good on paper and interviewed well. But..... like so many in this "younger" generation, he was full of himself, with a bigger mouth than talent. If he was half as good as he claimed to be, it wouldn't be so bad. He's highly trained. Just proves, a piece of paper means nothing. I hate ASE certs. Worthless.

Sorry..... That's a little off topic. :OffTopic:

I didn't win either. Didn't match even one number. That's about normal. :BlahBlah: I'm too mean to be lucky, LOL.

drglinski 01-10-2016 03:53 PM

I read it quickly and thought you were bummed because you didn't have any snow there yet. :biggrin2: