Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   The Tool Shed (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Compressed air piping (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48724)

OldSkull 05-21-2017 11:01 AM

Compressed air piping

Since many are starting thread about buying stationary compressor lately, I was wondering what kind of piping system they can come with so I look around for a simple and easy to install system for a fair price.

My personal choice goes to FastPipe by RapidAir but the 100' Master kit F28075 cost $399 so it's good but not exactly cheap. Next come the 100' Maxline kit M7500, some kind of semiflexible HDPE/Aluminum pipe, It's not a rigid system but look pretty up to the task of a weekend hobbyist. The asking price was $249 on RapidAir site but Northern Tool sells it for $149! This look like a very good deal for a 3/4" system. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4023_200484023

PS:I skip the 1/2" system even if TSC sell it for $79, review are not convincing and it look cheesy to me.

DeltaCub 05-21-2017 11:17 AM

I installed that same kit in my Cub House in January and it works great! It is not too bad to assemble. Jump on that deal....looks like a great price.:beerchug:

Oak 05-21-2017 11:20 AM

I ran threaded black steel in my garage and it is all behind the sheetrock out of sight. The main line is 3/4" and all the drops are 1/2". Each outlet has a drip leg with a 1/4" ball valve to drain any moisture. With that size of pipe the velocity is low so I don't get much moisture unless I'm sand blasting for long periods. I used a 3/4" hydraulic hose from Northern to go from the tank to the pipe.

I looked into the aluminum stuff and I'm sure it is better but black pipe is cheap and I have a threader. In my new shop I may look into the aluminum stuff but I'm thinking it would still be cheaper to run copper or I may run steel again.

Never ever ever ever use PVC!

DeltaCub 05-21-2017 11:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Rapid Air 3/4 kit. I have three drops. Supplies more than enough CFMs for my blast cabinet.

twoton 05-21-2017 11:25 AM

Black pipe x 2 :beerchug:

DeltaCub 05-21-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oak (Post 421420)
I ran threaded black steel in my garage and it is all behind the sheetrock out of sight. The main line is 3/4" and all the drops are 1/2". Each outlet has a drip leg with a 1/4" ball valve to drain any moisture. With that size of pipe the velocity is low so I don't get much moisture unless I'm sand blasting for long periods. I used a 3/4" hydraulic hose from Northern to go from the tank to the pipe.

I looked into the aluminum stuff and I'm sure it is better but black pipe is cheap and I have a threader. In my new shop I may look into the aluminum stuff but I'm thinking it would still be cheaper to run copper or I may run steel again.

Never ever ever ever use PVC!

Sounds like you did it right! I was going to use black pipe but did not have a threader. Because of that, it was more cost effective to go with the kit and it does include drain valves too.

X2 on never using PVC for this application.:beerchug:

OldSkull 05-21-2017 11:51 AM

Todd I was looking for something simple, fast and easy to install, black iron piping is cheap but need special tools and good knowledge to make it right, copper and brass are too much expensive for "Mister weekend mechanic".

I think the Aluminum system is a good compromise and priced just right for someone doing a fresh installation, that's why I suggested this instead of other system. I was struggling between the rigid FastPipe and semi rigid Maxline but a 3/4" system for $150 make the decision very easy.

PS: Like your blasting cabinet and the stainless steel jump hose on the compressor Delta:ThumbsUp:

Oak 05-21-2017 12:10 PM

Gilles, I agree, that is a pretty nice package deal for $150.

Breanna Beth, sweet blasting cabinet! Nice install too.:beerchug:

OldSkull 05-21-2017 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oak (Post 421435)
Gilles, I agree, that is a pretty nice package deal for $150.

Breanna Beth, sweet blasting cabinet! Nice install too.:beerchug:

I forgot to mention I agree 200% with you Todd about not using PVC specially in cold climate. :beerchug:

My fitting bill is a bit "High" but just take a look...That Prevost 70cfm safety coupler is pretty expensive but I need one. :Huh:
Crappy XPS convertion...That fitting alone is $29.99 and total for this bill is $148 with shipping

Sam Mac 05-21-2017 02:45 PM

I used CPVC so far no problems. :beerchug: