Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Jokes and Humor (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What color is the Power Band? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50767)

Chad126 12-05-2017 02:59 PM

What color is the Power Band?

So I don't do facebook. I don't have anything against those that do, but it just isn't my thing. Posting my life for the world to see isn't exactly my idea of well... a good idea. (if that makes sense)

Anyway...

Every now and again I will sign in under my wife's account on facebook and browse the local classified pages in our area. I saw a post where a guy was selling his dirtbike and mentioned that it rides great and that you can really feel it when the power band kicks in. A guy commented on the post and said "what color is the power band? does is match the red on the bike?"

I had a mouthful of cocacola and almost spit it out on the screen from laughing. You can only imagine how bad the other people commenting on the post roasted him after that.

Hope you guys enjoyed that. Apparently the power bands these days are physical objects, and they need to be color matched to the dirtbikes.

haha.

Terry C 12-05-2017 03:58 PM

A proper power band is red and painted around the cylinder. Those Facebook people are idiots! :biggrin2:

:ROTF2:

olds45512 12-05-2017 04:11 PM

I've always had better luck with the blue power bands, I tried yellow once but it was to much, just threw me off the back.:biggrin2:

Chad126 12-05-2017 05:28 PM

Haha. Yes sir!! It HAS to be around the cylinder. Anywhere else is just not acceptable. ahaha

ol'George 12-06-2017 07:46 AM

Eye don had a mosikkil onct dat had a blew/yeller color band on da zaust pipe.
Every time I brushed it wit my leg after riding it reel fast, idt make my calf skin bubble up and hurt something powerful.
Finally traded dat som bitch. :biggrin2:

Chad126 12-07-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 440036)
Eye don had a mosikkil onct dat had a blew/yeller color band on da zaust pipe.
Every time I brushed it wit my leg after riding it reel fast, idt make my calf skin bubble up and hurt something powerful.
Finally traded dat som bitch. :biggrin2:

BAHAHAHAHA. It took me a minute, but I finally got what you meant by "mosikkil". hahahaha. this post made my day.

mickb72 12-08-2017 10:34 AM

I think the power band now comes in KEY styles. The Dodge Demon comes with 2 keys.(street & race) Mike:biggrin2:

ol'George 12-08-2017 12:19 PM

Power bands come in 2 modes:
Oh $hit, and WTF? :biggrin2:

I.E.
that first ride on a 2 stroke mo'sikkil with a 'spansion chamber of old days.
twist the grip and say to yer self
"hey this is pretty quick, but I can master it"

Then the power band is reached, immediately followed by that loooong slide that never seems to end, resulting in various cuts/bruises and a shattered ego,
along with that familiar smell usually reserved for the porta potty @ a chilly cookoff :biggrin2:

DeltaCub 12-08-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 440241)

I.E.

Then the power band is reached, immediately followed by that loooong slide that never seems to end, resulting in various cuts/bruises and a shattered ego,
along with that familiar smell usually reserved for the porta potty @ a chilly cookoff :biggrin2:

ol' George you must be a real hoot at family gatherings!:ExtremeFunny:

mickb72 12-09-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 440241)

I.E.

Don't ya just love it, when your arms get real long and you feel that seat slidin out from under your a$$. Oh $hit death grip power band. Mike:biggrin2: