Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   128 Muffler (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46718)

jaynjeep 11-24-2016 11:48 PM

128 Muffler

1 Attachment(s)
Just wondering if anyone has used one of these mufflers. It's the current one offered by Cub Cadet... It's welded on the ends instead of crimped.. Some of the suppliers claim it's much quieter. I wouldn't mind toning the old 128 down a bit... I must be getting old!!:biggrin2:

Let me know if anybody has any experience running one of these :beerchug:

R Bedell 11-25-2016 05:12 AM

Is that a Walker 22022...???

john hall 11-25-2016 07:47 AM

I'm interested to know if it works as well. Lawnmowers still aren't too bad but practically everything else I run I have to use earplugs now. If I ran the mowers more (dad and my son use them the most) I would wear them using those also. I'm at that point in life where I wish some old fart would have sat me down at the ripe old age of 20 and gave me a stern lecture on hearing protection and taking care of your back.:bash2:

olds45512 11-25-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john hall (Post 400718)
I'm interested to know if it works as well. Lawnmowers still aren't too bad but practically everything else I run I have to use earplugs now. If I ran the mowers more (dad and my son use them the most) I would wear them using those also. I'm at that point in life where I wish some old fart would have sat me down at the ripe old age of 20 and gave me a stern lecture on hearing protection and taking care of your back.:bash2:

What ja say? your gonna have to talk in my good ear.

jaynjeep 11-25-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 400713)
Is that a Walker 22022...???

Roland,

I don't think it's the Walker... the Walker muffler appears to have crimped ends... this is the muffler that you get now if you order an OEM from Cub Cadet.. not sure who makes it for them

jaynjeep 11-25-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

John,

I fully agree... I wish I had listened to my dad years ago about not abusing my back and ears!!:beerchug::beerchug:

mortten 11-25-2016 10:18 AM

I read that one is 38% quieter. Some suppliers still have the crimped ones. Same part number, lower price.

Merk 11-25-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

I wish I had that same lecture........

Alvy 11-25-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merk (Post 400766)
I wish I had that same lecture........

Me three. This ringing in the ears 24/7 makes it tough to sleep. Would like to say you get used to it but...........no

drglinski 11-25-2016 08:04 PM

And to think people think I'm silly for wearing ear plugs while doing stuff. :beerchug: