Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Gardens, Lawns and Landscapes (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Let's see some garden pics (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48859)

Bamafan 06-02-2017 08:02 AM

Let's see some garden pics

5 Attachment(s)
Ok guys/gals let us see your green thumb skills. Here's a few of my little garden. Everything is doing really well this year compared to last year with the drought we had. I only hope the rain keeps coming.

Attachment 85253

Got tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, green beans, peas, baby lima, okra, sweet corn, and yellow squash.

Attachment 85254
Attachment 85255
Attachment 85256
Attachment 85257

West Valley G 06-02-2017 10:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the Pics, so wild to see gardens that are in full swing this time of year. Ours is mostly planted but most things still hiding from the cold. The covers are on the winter, summer and melons and cukes still. Garlic is doing well, it likes the cold. Things will look a whole lot different in a month or so. Warm weather is on its way. Fun to see other gardens.

Ken

zippy1 06-02-2017 11:28 PM

Good looking bunch of greens guys.:beerchug:
You all are WAY ahead of us here, we just first got ours planted two weeks ago.:bigthink:

J-Mech 06-02-2017 11:58 PM

Looking good guys!

Rain kept mine out. I'll post pics when I can, but I only planted a small part of it recently. My corn just now emerged.

SS5150 06-03-2017 01:47 AM

Planted ours 2 weeks ago. Beans, onions, and carrots are emerging. Waiting on lettuce. Got some squash, peppers, tomatoes and brussel sprouts. I think I'm going to add some radishes and jalapenos too.

1st time I've done a garden myself but we had one at my parents' for years growing up. Used my Dad's old tiller to get it going.

Rmowl 06-03-2017 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bamafan, garden looks amazing! Ours is doing a lot better than last year. Have broccoli, cheddar cauliflower, red cabbage, red onions, jalapeƱos and bell peppers, several different tomatoes varieties, cucumbers, bunch of lettuce and kale been cutting like crazy, some celery,cantaloupe and watermelons

Rmowl 06-03-2017 12:44 PM

Three forks, that looks like a commercial operation! Awesome garden! I love Montana, worked on a cabin for the USFS handful of years ago in the bitterroot, stayed in Hamilton, best fly fishing I have done in my life! Also worked near you on a cabin for the NPS and stayed in Bozeman. I'm gonna end up living out there one day, beautiful country and nice folks

West Valley G 06-03-2017 10:08 PM

It is a commercial setup, its how I make my living in the summer. And it keeps me off the streets as they say.. My fishing partner grew up in Hamilton
and worked for the USFS in the 60s in the Bitteroot. small world.

Ken

Chad126 05-10-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamafan (Post 422823)
Ok guys/gals let us see your green thumb skills. Here's a few of my little garden. Everything is doing really well this year compared to last year with the drought we had. I only hope the rain keeps coming.

Attachment 85253

Got tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, green beans, peas, baby lima, okra, sweet corn, and yellow squash.

Attachment 85254
Attachment 85255
Attachment 85256
Attachment 85257

NICE!!! It's been real wet down here around Birmingham. Looks like you are way ahead of most of Alabama! When did you plant?

olds45512 05-10-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad126 (Post 453211)
NICE!!! It's been real wet down here around Birmingham. Looks like you are way ahead of most of Alabama! When did you plant?

You know this thread is from last year right?