Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Home Made (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   124 PTO wear button dimensions (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51484)

Smacdonald 03-11-2018 04:49 PM

124 PTO wear button dimensions

Hey there everyone ! FIRST POST

I have a 124 with no wear button. I do have access to a lathe. Does anyone have the dimensions of the wear button ?
Will brass work? Is bronze best ?

Thank you for the help and insight !

J-Mech 03-11-2018 04:58 PM

Jeff in PA makes them. He is a sponsor. Click on "Parts by Jeff" at the top of this page. For his price, not worth the trouble to make one yourself. :beerchug:

Smacdonald 03-11-2018 07:30 PM

While I do agree 5.50 is very reasonable, I'm in Canada. By the time I pay taxes twice and shipping and convert my Canadian dollar.....

J-Mech 03-11-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smacdonald (Post 448026)
By the time I pay taxes twice and shipping and convert my Canadian dollar.....

You might have $8 Canadian dollars in it. (Near as I know how to figure. $.78 conversion rate, + 5% import tax and around 9% sales tax.) It's still cheaper than getting a new one from CCC. They are still available for $9.16 in US dollars. $11.74 Canadian if I can "math", and still easier than making one since you only have access to a lathe, and don't own one.

Smacdonald 03-13-2018 11:48 PM

Well...

I got out the calipers and roughed out some measurements based on the size of the clutch button, the small piece of the original button I had and the semi worn button on my 129.

The diameter of the button is .753"
.25" deep at the outer edge. It has a concave face to keep it centered on the clutch button. I measured .065 difference between center and outer edge.

The press fit seemed tricky to machine... starting at .277 and up to .3 over about a half an inch...... so we tried just putting 1/4" threads on instead.

Going to put it on and try it once things warm up outside!

ol'George 03-14-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smacdonald (Post 448256)
Well...

I got out the calipers and roughed out some measurements based on the size of the clutch button, the small piece of the original button I had and the semi worn button on my 129.

The diameter of the button is .753"
.25" deep at the outer edge. It has a concave face to keep it centered on the clutch button. I measured .065 difference between center and outer edge.

The press fit seemed tricky to machine... starting at .277 and up to .3 over about a half an inch...... so we tried just putting 1/4" threads on instead.

Going to put it on and try it once things warm up outside!

glad to see you went for it, hope it works !!:beerchug:

Randy Littrell 03-15-2018 06:36 PM

Hope it works for you! Maybe show us a pic if you get a chance. Love making my own stuff as well!

Randy