Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Xt2 problems (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49945)

grizzly13 09-08-2017 11:21 PM

Xt2 problems

So I have a xt2 LX42 with the 547cc efi motor. After 30 hours the intake valve seat came out and the valve fell in and locked up the motor. They warrantied it. Now at 35 hours the push button switch went bad and stuck the starter on. Again warranty. Has any one else had problems with these new machines. I thought these were going to better machines then the previous ones. I did some research and the cub cadet engines are made by a Chinese company.

john hall 09-08-2017 11:49 PM

Practically no one on OCC is running a new Cadet. Sounds to me like you got a lemon. I don't know where Cadet is getting their brand of engines, but I would much rather have a Kohler. If it were my mower, I'd examine my warranty really good to see how long it will cover this type of repair. Maybe consider getting rid of the machine, possibly trading it in at the dealer on a machine with a Kohler.

olds45512 09-09-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john hall (Post 432434)
Practically no one on OCC is running a new Cadet. Sounds to me like you got a lemon. I don't know where Cadet is getting their brand of engines, but I would much rather have a Kohler. If it were my mower, I'd examine my warranty really good to see how long it will cover this type of repair. Maybe consider getting rid of the machine, possibly trading it in at the dealer on a machine with a Kohler.

What he said.

grizzly13 09-09-2017 08:12 PM

They are a Chinese made motor, Cub Cadet does not make them.

john hall 09-09-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly13 (Post 432478)
They are a Chinese made motor, Cub Cadet does not make them.

We understand that Cadet doesn't make them. To be honest Cadet and most other manufacturers buy most components and slap them on a frame of their own design.

Back to your engine, I'd be skeptical of the quality of a no-name engine. Lot of Chinese engines here in the US thanks to Harbor Freight and all the imported ATV's. My problem with them is there is more or less no such thing as a dealer network, factory trained service techs, etc. They are more or less disposable. Once these things get a little age on them, parts get hard to find, expensive. I've worked on a couple Predators for HF, and a couple ATV's. In each of those situations, to me any way, the entire parts finding/ordering was kind of sketchy. Maybe Cadet hopes to change that, but I doubt it--modern Cadet has enough troubles of their own in my opinion. Anyway, I still stand by my first post and would consider getting something with a Kohler. Of course if the warranty is good enough, you could wait a while and see if you got the "bugs" out of the new mower.

zippy1 09-09-2017 11:08 PM

Sorry to hear that about your new mower.
On a side note. Check the fine print on your warranty. I know a guy who bought a Crapsman, and it had a lemon clause. He had nothing but trouble, and they gave him the option of refund, or exchange.
The dumb a$$ went with a exchange, and again, nothing but problems. BUT this time he was stuck with it, as it's a one time offer for a refund.
If you're having that not so comfy feeling, may be an option.:bigthink:

Oak 09-10-2017 11:45 AM

Sorry but you purchased an $1800 throw away mower. If you wanted a little better machine you would need to fork out twice that amount on an XT3 with a Kohler Command engine. What kind of warranty does the tractor have? I would look into the lemon law also.

_DX3_ 09-10-2017 05:19 PM

My XT1 is doing great. I really like it in terms of comfort and simplicity. No electric clutch to deal with.

grizzly13 09-12-2017 07:14 AM

it has a 3 year engine warranty. I am going to look at the warranty paper work and read it over.

Oak 09-12-2017 08:07 AM

Grizzly13, that's good it has a 3 year warranty. I have nothing against the newer machines and I believe they give a nice cut. Keep us posted on how they take care of you.