Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   CCC/MTD Cub Cadet built Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Super Garden Tractor model 2086 (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1940)

climbingkevin 10-19-2009 07:49 PM

Super Garden Tractor model 2086

Hey Folks,

Greetings from Asheville, NC. I'm so glad to have come across this forum.

Here's the scoop. I just bought a new home and my father is handing me down his Super Garden Tractor model 2086. I really know nothing about it. He says it has a 48" deck and is about twenty years old. He's serviced it every year and has the blades sharpened frequently. He has always been very meticulious with his things. Before he brings it down to me from CT, he is having it tuned up. I'm really excited about my first lawn tractor. I'm looking forward to it after all these years of mowing with my push mower.

I've read the forums about the Supers and really just want to know more about this tractor. It would be great if anyone had any photos of a similar one. Any info, ideas, recommendations, etc. would be appreciated. I'm not coming to you with any problems (yet) but am just curious about the tractor in general.

What can I expect from it? What accessories are must have's? I don't think it has a PTO. Also, does this model have a 3 point? What exactly are folks refering to when they discuss a 3 point anyways? Also, what do folks mean by a cyclops tractor?

Again, any info about this tractor will be read with great interest. I'll be getting this tractor around Thanksgiving. I can't wait!

Thanks for everything.

RPalmer 10-19-2009 08:23 PM

climbingkevin,
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new digs and pop's Cub. I personally no nothing about yours. But I'm sure you will love it.

Oak 10-19-2009 10:55 PM

Climbingkevin,
The 2086 was built 1996 to 1997 with a liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, power steering & dual brakes. Options were: Cat 0 three point hitch, front hydraulic outlets and rear PTO. I don't know if there were any issues with them or why they used the Kawasaki engine.

Rainman 10-20-2009 01:17 AM

ClimbingKevin

Cyclops series Garden Tractors have plastic/composite hood & side panels. They aren't as durable as steel ones, dahhh! The hood & sides come together to the grill & with the shape of the front lites look like a Cyclops. They have Idiot lites on the dash & have electrical wiring issues at times. I have a 1541 for a year & half to be used as a donor for my other Cubs, front super steer axle to 882,15/18Mag Kohler undecided,46" deck & sub frame went to Matt G. seat to 882...no seat from 582 to 882. Mounted 551 snow thrower on 1541,now to rebuild carb to withstand snow challenge! Cat. 0 3 point hitch is mounted on the rear to raise & lower a moldboard plow, a disk harrow,a rear blade, a cultivator, a rototiller, any Cat. 0 3 pt. attachment/ implement. Rainman