Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hub Caps (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49947)

mrmiller 09-09-2017 10:15 AM

Hub Caps

1 Attachment(s)
Last night I picked up my first complete set of IH hub caps. They may end up as wall hangers:biggrin2:

darkminion_17 09-09-2017 10:41 AM

Very nice Martin, I would glass case them though....

olds45512 09-09-2017 05:10 PM

They make great frisbee's, congrats.:beerchug:

jaynjeep 09-09-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmiller (Post 432444)
Last night I picked up my first complete set of IH hub caps. They may end up as wall hangers:biggrin2:

Those look really nice! How did you score those??:bigthink:

I have one really nice set... took me years to find them... now I am scared to actually run them on a tractor!:biggrin2:

mrmiller 09-09-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaynjeep (Post 432483)
Those look really nice! How did you score those??:bigthink:

I have one really nice set... took me years to find them... now I am scared to actually run them on a tractor!:biggrin2:

Thanks! They are actually very nice, nicest set I have seen in person. I went to look at a Super MTA and as the owner walked me through his garage I spotted the hub caps. I asked if he would be interested in selling them. He said all they do is hang on the wall...now I have them:beerchug:

Dirty Steve 09-10-2017 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very nice score!!!:beerchug: Now, about that SMTA. How did you do on that? My dad bought one in the early 80's. It was a straight original tractor. He put the fenders on and painted it when first picked it up.. They still use it today. My favorite Farmall by far.

mrmiller 09-10-2017 08:53 AM

As far as the Super MTA I am still trying to strike a deal. The owner was/is on the fence about selling it although he did invite me to come look at it and make him an offer. He added power steering unless that was an option? I also noticed that it has 4 holes in the grill 2 being for where cultivator brackets go and one on each side of those. Only ever seen this on Super MTA's so I'm curious about that. So I guess we shall see if I end up with it. Is super straight and complete. Even has the mud scraper between front tires.

willys55 09-10-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmiller (Post 432486)
Thanks! They are actually very nice, nicest set I have seen in person. I went to look at a Super MTA and as the owner walked me through his garage I spotted the hub caps. I asked if he would be interested in selling them. He said all they do is hang on the wall...now I have them:beerchug:

awesome score...been looking for a nice set myself...congrats man

J-Mech 09-10-2017 10:28 AM

Power steering steering could be added to the M. Not an IH option, but an aftermarket option.

Holes in the grille are factory, if they are the ones I'm thinking of.

I don't care for the letter series IH's. Useless tractors for modern chores. Good for collecting, and maybe running augers and pulling wagons..... but otherwise pretty useless.

Nice hub caps!! :beerchug: