Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Home Made (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   1811 Foot Control (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37377)

Ikea6e 02-23-2015 08:28 PM

1811 Foot Control

10 Attachment(s)
This style uses a 1981 Tempo transmission shift cable and a homemade return to neutral (RTN) device.

Attachment 62263

These are the major parts for the Pedal and RTN device.

Attachment 62264

Foot pedal parts.

Attachment 62265

Foot pedal parts assembled, ready to bolt on to the right foot rest.

Attachment 62266

RTN prototype.

Attachment 62267

RTN prototype assembled.

Attachment 62268

RTN levers cut out of flat stock and on the mounting bar.

Attachment 62269

Complete RTN device.

Attachment 62270

Tempo (or other approx. 42 inches long) shift cable mounted to the left side of the tower and attached to a bracket coming off the Hydro Control cross shaft.

Attachment 62271

RTN mounted under the right foot rest. RTN and shift cable are attached to the bottom of the foot control assembly.
The adjustable rod from the RTN to foot control allows easy adjustment of the RTN neutral and the tractors neutral with brake pedal depressed. (Make sure the hydro does not creep prior to starting this project) The hardware sourced springs pull the hydro to neutral when you take your foot off the pedal (or spots in between). The springs need to be strong enough to do so. The pull on the RTN can be adjusted to your preference by the ΒΌ -20 adjusters and spring strength.
Back off the friction lock, as it is not needed and makes it easier for the RTN to do its job. A Damper was not needed. I suspect the shift cable served that purpose. I used a new shift cable $30 or so from e-bay. But that was a few years ago. After trooping around a number of junk yards and going thru the effort of removing what turned out to be a junk cable, it was worth the $$.

Attachment 62272

I no longer have this tractor but this setup worked well for a number of years. I used this one mostly for blowing snow. If I use one like this again (RTN under the foot rest) for snow duty I would figure out a way to keep the slush and salt etc. off of it.

Shrewcub 02-24-2015 01:16 PM

Thanks!!

Nice work! :beerchug:

Thanks for posting these, Ike. I am going to give this a try after I get some other projects out of the way. Nice write-up!

Sam Mac 02-24-2015 02:27 PM

Well done. :beerchug:

jimbob200521 02-24-2015 02:49 PM

So where do we sign up for the kit? :biggrin2:

Job well done :beerchug:

Ikea6e 02-24-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrewcub (Post 313634)
Nice work! :beerchug:

Thanks for posting these, Ike. I am going to give this a try after I get some other projects out of the way. Nice write-up!

Thanks guys,

Check with Travis, since he is going to make one, perhaps he will do 2 or 10 or ??? :bigthink:

Ike