Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestion box (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Guide to new Cub Cadet owners (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46882)

Randy Littrell 12-09-2016 08:33 AM

Guide to new Cub Cadet owners

Maybe start a FAQ thread with links to good threads for diagnosing trouble with Ignition, carbs, gears, etc. I know some forums I am a part of have this for new people. Might reduce the number of same questions over and over.

Possibly send this link as well as some instructions to any new member?

Just an idea.

Randy

R Bedell 12-09-2016 11:12 AM

Your theory has merit........BUT you are under the assumption that these people will want to look and read.

Randy Littrell 12-09-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 402586)
Your theory has merit........BUT you are under the assumption that these people will want to look and read.

Very true Sir, can't fix stupid or lazy.

Randy

Terry C 12-09-2016 02:25 PM

I think you will never get the ones who just come here for a quick answer
to read what you are suggesting. The ones who will read it will be the ones that
are wanting to get into this as a hobby.
So while it would be of benefit, but maybe not to the way you thought it might.

R Bedell 12-09-2016 04:34 PM

We have all seen this hundreds of times, where someone asks a question and some us point them to the Technical Library to where their answer is.

To take it a step farther, there are posters that refuse to go to the Library and simply want to be spoon fed.

I have said this before, and still remains true today. There are people that.....

Want someone to come to their house, diagnose the problem, run to the parts store, buy the parts, return to the project, install said parts, make any and all adjustments, then when you are done, leave a $20.00 bill on the kitchen counter.
Then and only then, will they be satisfied and happy. :bash2:

Sam Mac 12-09-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 402616)
We have all seen this hundreds of times, where someone asks a question and some us point them to the Technical Library to where their answer is.

To take it a step farther, there are posters that refuse to go to the Library and simply want to be spoon fed.

I have said this before, and still remains true today. There are people that.....

Want someone to come to their house, diagnose the problem, run to the parts store, buy the parts, return to the project, install said parts, make any and all adjustments, then when you are done, leave a $20.00 bill on the kitchen counter.

This is my all time favorite. :beerchug:

taylorjm 12-09-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Wait...is this an option? How do I sign up for this program??

Rescue11 12-16-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

There are people that.....

Want someone to come to their house (when its mid night, out door temp is 45 and their house is at 68) diagnose the problem, run to the parts store, buy the parts, return to the project, install said parts, make any and all adjustments, then when you are done, leave a $20.00 bill on the kitchen counter.

This guy must do hvac for a living, cuz thats pretty much how that trade goes :bash2::bash2::bash2::bash2::bash2::bash2:
:bash2::bash2::bash2:

I added the service call part...

R Bedell 12-16-2016 06:26 AM

Rescue11:

Yup....you are so perceptive. :ThumbsUp: