Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RC car stuff (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36944)

olds45512 01-31-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry C (Post 308788)
I'm guessing if you don't over think it and let your instincts take over, it will be like riding a bike, it will all come back you

Terry

i hope so, alot of new stuff has come out since i quit and rc racers always have to have the latest and greatest and it would be nice to smoke them with my antique.:biggrin2:

olds45512 01-31-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry C (Post 308789)
I wish I had talent like that

Terry

yea hes amazing, he use to charge $50 per body to paint them so it was well worth it.

garnold 01-31-2015 11:29 PM

OMG did he really just cut that body out THAT easy!!!! Thank you for posting this :)

Terry C 01-31-2015 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my only semi modern RC car and it's still probably outdated
Never raced it but it's a blast to tear around in the back yard with.
Old on road racing.21 that is almost unmanageable when the traction is low.
Too peaky but a 7 port will wind up pretty fast

Terry

zippy1 02-01-2015 01:20 AM

Started out on dirt about 25 years ago with a Kyosho Brute of all things. All the others had their Losi and Associated trucks, I was lucky to make it into the D main, but it was a ball.
Then took to the Losi and shot up to the A mains every weekend. Everybody said if you can make that Brute work you can handle anything.
Stopped for a few years then went onto carpet. At least everything was clean at the end of the night. Started off with the Legends class then to pan cars. Those were a hoot, we started a nostalgic nascar body class with stock motors. Then to keep it equal, everyone had to turn their motors in at the end of the night.
Following week you drew numbers to get the corresponding numbered motor. Kept it a "cheap" fun class. One season we had twenty some participants in our class. We were known as the Old Farts class:biggrin2:
We had this special bottle we called Monkey Cum we would put a drop on the commentator and that sucker would fly, (nothing in the rules said it couldn't be used) I won the championship two years in a row. I'll find some pictures, cause I know, no pictures, never happened.
Only thing left is a couple Tamiya 4x4 trucks for playing, but haven't touched them in years.... Thanks for the stroll down memory lane:beerchug:

olds45512 02-01-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 308805)
Started out on dirt about 25 years ago with a Kyosho Brute of all things. All the others had their Losi and Associated trucks, I was lucky to make it into the D main, but it was a ball.
Then took to the Losi and shot up to the A mains every weekend. Everybody said if you can make that Brute work you can handle anything.
Stopped for a few years then went onto carpet. At least everything was clean at the end of the night. Started off with the Legends class then to pan cars. Those were a hoot, we started a nostalgic nascar body class with stock motors. Then to keep it equal, everyone had to turn their motors in at the end of the night.
Following week you drew numbers to get the corresponding numbered motor. Kept it a "cheap" fun class. One season we had twenty some participants in our class. We were known as the Old Farts class:biggrin2:
We had this special bottle we called Monkey Cum we would put a drop on the commentator and that sucker would fly, (nothing in the rules said it couldn't be used) I won the championship two years in a row. I'll find some pictures, cause I know, no pictures, never happened.
Only thing left is a couple Tamiya 4x4 trucks for playing, but haven't touched them in years.... Thanks for the stroll down memory lane:beerchug:

good story, i always tried to get a stock motor class going at the track but no luck. the best time at the track was a 2yr period where there were 8 of use that ran real fast and clean, often times the winner was decided at the finish line and it was awesome. tight fast racing will get your blood pumping, having 3 or 4 lap blowouts just isnt fun as id rather have someone on my bumper pushing me to go faster.

zippy1 02-02-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 308823)
good story, i always tried to get a stock motor class going at the track but no luck. the best time at the track was a 2yr period where there were 8 of use that ran real fast and clean, often times the winner was decided at the finish line and it was awesome. tight fast racing will get your blood pumping, having 3 or 4 lap blowouts just isnt fun as id rather have someone on my bumer pushing me to go faster.

Oh it was great getting up behind someone and just start playing with them trying to rattle them a little. Next thing you heard was a loud bang they were up into the wall.
Some guys didn't do well under pressure, lost all of the capabilities to drive. There were a couple boys a town away wanted to play the game. So they came in loaded for bear and was going to beat the local "gang" out that night.
The track was a high banked oval with front and back straightaways. It took a lot of practice to find the sweat spots. Once I had my diff set and the motor cleaned real good and a full charged stick, dope the tires and put the car on the track it was strait to the front. We put them boys out in fine fashion that night.
We did the painting ourselves then bought the decals of who you wanted to be. Someone was the chicken car (Terry Labonte), Allen Kawiki (HOOTERS)
Rusty Wallace (Miller Light) I had the #3 Earnhardt (Good wrench) car....heard my share of boos when I threw it on the tack, even more when I would finish out front.. But it was good clean fun ribbing the winner.:biggrin2:

olds45512 02-02-2015 01:11 PM

Before my friend Ryan moved away that's how we ran the whole race, we were bumper to bumper until one of use made a mistake and often time we were so far ahead of third place that we'd sit and wait for the other to catch back up. I wish we had some videos from back then because it was some real close racing, we actually had a few races that were decided by a fender or less.

zippy1 02-03-2015 04:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Best picture I could get of that pan car I was talking about, being it's screwed up on the wall......and out of my reach:biggrin2:

Sam Mac 02-03-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 309490)
Best picture I could get of that pan car I was talking about, being it's screwed up on the wall......and out of my reach:biggrin2:

Todd

The Big D is/was one of my hero's along with John Force and Michael Schumacher. Being a racer it hurt to see Dale die the way he did. Now Shumie with his head injury. It just sucks.