Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestion box (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A like button? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42807)

cubfan 02-16-2016 08:26 AM

A like button?

I'm one of those members that doesnt post alot, but I read alot of the post when I have time.There are alot of post and comments that I find very helpful and some very funny.It would be nice if there was a "LIKE" icon at the bottom of each post just so people could hit it to let the O.P. know it was a good, helpful or funny comment.Just a thought.Its a great website just how it is.:bigthink:

olds45512 02-16-2016 09:28 AM

Gt talk has a thank button and I agree its good to know your post was helpful, some of the cub info that gets thrown around over there would make your head spin.:bigeyes:

R Bedell 02-16-2016 09:34 AM

You can click on the "quick reply" and post a few words and/or a smiley.

jimbob200521 02-16-2016 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 364172)
Gt talk has a thank button and I agree its good to know your post was helpful, some of the cub info that gets thrown around over there would make your head spin.:bigeyes:

I also like this idea. Sometimes it's nice to scroll through pages on other forums and see what the common census is based on a specific person's answer vs seeing 2 dozen quoted & requoted posts and trying to sort them out. Just my :TwoCents:

twoton 02-16-2016 10:56 AM

You can already do this,You can rate any thread you like, click the rate thread button just above the posts. And, when you go to a particular section or search for something, once you get your results, click rating and you will get the top rated threads for that section or search.

Shotgun Wedding 02-16-2016 12:33 PM

I will post a dissenting voice. This is a tractor site, not facebook. Let's keep it as far from facebook as possible.

Say No to the "like" button.

jimbob200521 02-16-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Wedding (Post 364203)
I will post a dissenting voice. This is a tractor site, not facebook. Let's keep it as far from facebook as possible.

I know we'll never see this feature added/implemented here but for some reason I still feel like speaking on it. The "Like" button is just a name, a rose by any other name kinda thing :biggrin2: Some sites call it "Like", some sites call it a "Credit" button, some call it "reputation", heck some sites even call it a "Brains" button but the point is that it can help reduce clutter and help people find answers quicker. If they are scrolling through a thread on a topic they are researching and see a specific post that has a bunch of credit or reputation, that may help them find an answer quicker. If implemented via the "Reputation" route, it would also help newer people to pin down the members that are knowledgeable by a high reputation rating. I agree, stay away from Facebook for this site but this feature wouldn't be a bad one to think about :beerchug:

R Bedell 02-16-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

:IH Trusted Hand:

Sam Mac 02-16-2016 01:15 PM

I want a Scotch Button. Couldn't resist. :biggrin2:

Shotgun Wedding 02-16-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob200521 (Post 364205)
I know we'll never see this feature added/implemented here but for some reason I still feel like speaking on it. The "Like" button is just a name, a rose by any other name kinda thing :biggrin2: Some sites call it "Like", some sites call it a "Credit" button, some call it "reputation", heck some sites even call it a "Brains" button but the point is that it can help reduce clutter and help people find answers quicker. If they are scrolling through a thread on a topic they are researching and see a specific post that has a bunch of credit or reputation, that may help them find an answer quicker. If implemented via the "Reputation" route, it would also help newer people to pin down the members that are knowledgeable by a high reputation rating. I agree, stay away from Facebook for this site but this feature wouldn't be a bad one to think about :beerchug:

Nope, not sold on the proposal. This site is about as simple as it gets. The search feature is pretty straight forward and simple. Do we actually care that much if someone likes your post? Either they do, or they don't.

What makes everyone feel they have to put their personal "like" for other's posts? Why do we care?

As far as a new poster seeing who has a high reputation....how will that help? It's always the same smart guys on the site who chime in for advise anyway. JMech, Sam Mac, Roland, Yosemite Sam, JeffinPa etc etc.

Like buttons are for kids who need to feel empowered...like they have a say in the world. Not here. Just sayin.