Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT) (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BAD day for the 70!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24706)

CUBDRIVER75 05-15-2013 07:10 PM

BAD day for the 70!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
The guy hauling my daughters 70, sends me a text saying the tractor was damaged. He said the hood was bent just a little and he would not charge me for the haul job. Hood and steering wheel (bent/cracked) are wasted! I'm VERY unhappy today to say the least. The frame has been brush painted at one time,which explains the color difference. It has very straight, besides the hood,. The trans feels and shifts nice. The seat pan is mint. Engine runs nice,starts easy, but does smoke a bit. We'll definitely be restoring her after we move. I'm in the market for a clean hood and steering wheel though....:bash2:

cubfixer 05-15-2013 07:40 PM

Bummer!!!!

gcbailey 05-15-2013 07:44 PM

was it not strapped?

CUBDRIVER75 05-15-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcbailey (Post 194062)
was it not strapped?

His ramps slipped somehow.I wasn't in the mood for conversation,explanations or excuses....

sgirdham 05-15-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUBDRIVER75 (Post 194067)
His ramps slipped somehow.I wasn't in the mood for conversation,explanations or excuses....

Does he realize how much parts for these cubs cost? I would be sending him a bill of repair.

CUBDRIVER75 05-15-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgirdham (Post 194071)
Does he realize how much parts for these cubs cost? I would be sending him a bill of repair.

He didn't charge me for hauling it,was about 150 miles each way for him.I just wanted it unloaded and done with.Tractor was made in November "63,would this be considered a "63 or "64?

drglinski 05-15-2013 08:35 PM

The hood damage could be repaired; bent/banged back straight. Or you could just look for another hood, that's another option. It doesn't look that poor to me.

Dane in PA 05-15-2013 09:12 PM

Looks very repairable to me! Though it got beat a little bit, it still looks like a very good, usable tractor. I would be happy to own it. You are lucky it wasn't worse! Every time someone buys a tractor from me, I make sure the cash is in my hands before THEY load it. That way I am insured for the item I put together and worked many hard hours on. Had an old sears slip the ramps and it broke the axle off. Turned out that the guy's ramps were at fault, as THEY bent and I ended up with a $150 loss and no sale.

fpatd 05-15-2013 09:17 PM

I hope you keep the his info, a good body & fender man can fix the hood, a great one will not use much if any filler but that will cost $$$ . Sorry to hear of the mis hap with your tractor, :BB&YS:

CUBDRIVER75 05-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drglinski (Post 194078)
The hood damage could be repaired; bent/banged back straight. Or you could just look for another hood, that's another option. It doesn't look that poor to me.

I'm picky, I want a clean straight hood.Steering wheel is found at least!