Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Firearms discussions (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33327)

Maxwelhse 07-17-2014 03:52 AM

Firearms discussions

First, it's totally cool with me if it is. It just seems that a lot of guys into old tractors are also into firearms. It would be fun to shoot the bull and see what other guys are using to hunt or target practice with.

I TOTALLY understand if the topic is taboo here.

Sam Mac 07-17-2014 06:42 AM

Max

The Mods are discussing this topic and we will give you an answer ASAP.

OK guys here's the deal, we are going to let this continue. If it get's out of control that will be the end of it. Absolutely no political crap. If you post something that we deem inappropriate it will just disappear with no explanation. If your post goes away you will know you crossed the line, at that point if you start a rant you will go away so don't be stupid. This will be about fire arms and ammo period.

olds45512 07-17-2014 07:27 AM

i'd think talking about guns themselves would be fine as long as the politics of everything that's going on is left out of the discussion. just my opinion.

jimbob200521 07-17-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 274693)
i'd think talking about guns themselves would be fine as long as the politics of everything that's going on is left out of the discussion. just my opinion.

I agree, however; it's hard for some people to leave politics out of guns. :beatdeadhorse:

782CC 07-17-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob200521 (Post 274697)
I agree, however; it's hard for some people to leave politics out of guns. :beatdeadhorse:

Agreed. Seems the notion, discussion and especially pics brings on a lot of attention. And usually not the type the poster desired. Days are long gone that you bring your cool new rifle to school to show off to the teachers.

Yosemite Sam 07-17-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 782CC (Post 274730)
Days are long gone that you bring your cool new rifle to school to show off to the teachers.

LMAO, you are correct! I remember during hunting/deer season half of the pick-ups in the parking lot at school had gun racks with a shotgun in the back window... INCLUDING SEVERAL TEACHERS. And my most impure thought was "Man, I wish I could take off work this afternoon and go hunting instead".

jimbob200521 07-17-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam (Post 274737)
LMAO, you are correct! I remember during hunting/deer season half of the pick-ups in the parking lot at school had gun racks with a shotgun in the back window... INCLUDING SEVERAL TEACHERS. And my most impure thought was "Man, I wish I could take off work this afternoon and go hunting instead".

Firearm ownership has been ruined by the classic "one bad apple ruins it for the bunch". You get a couple psychos doing stuff 99% of the population would NEVER dream of, media and news stations blowing it up all over the country, and all of a sudden we panic in the big government saying we don't need clips larger than 10 rounds, no automatic weapons, yada yada yada. All this while they are stockpiling more ammunition than ever before in history.

Wait, is this the kind of gun talk we don't want? :biggrin2: Rant OVER.

All that being said, I'm all for discussion and pictures of FIREARMS, not debate on political agenda or pretty much anything I said above. It should be a place to cut loose, and show off a few toys, a thread like the Hunting & Fishing one we have. Simple, clean, and fun for all :beerchug:

olds45512 07-17-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbob200521 (Post 274742)
Firearm ownership has been ruined by the classic "one bad apple ruins it for the bunch". You get a couple psychos doing stuff 99% of the population would NEVER dream of, media and news stations blowing it up all over the country, and all of a sudden we panic in the big government saying we don't need clips larger than 10 rounds, no automatic weapons, yada yada yada. All this while they are stockpiling more ammunition than ever before in history.

Wait, is this the kind of gun talk we don't want? :biggrin2: Rant OVER.

All that being said, I'm all for discussion and pictures of FIREARMS, not debate on political agenda or pretty much anything I said above. It should be a place to cut loose, and show off a few toys, a thread like the Hunting & Fishing one we have. Simple, clean, and fun for all :beerchug:

I agree, i dont see anything wrong with pics and general discussion of guns as long as everybody keeps the politics out of it. Im sure the mods wont care unless it turns into a thread they have to baby sit.

J-Mech 07-17-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olds45512 (Post 274747)
Im sure the mods wont care unless it turns into a thread they have to baby sit.

We're still discussing it guys. As soon as we have a consensus we'll let you know. :beerchug:

red56turbo 07-17-2014 12:41 PM

Unfortunately,
Topics like this always stray south and end up getting political. I've seen it happen on other forums. This thread is a topic just to see if it is allowed and there is already politics being pulled into it. I don't have anything against guns or gun ownership, but this is a cub cadet forum. Any reason to pull guns onto this type of forum? Aren't there forums out there discussing guns? I don't know so that's why I'm asking. We'll see what the mods decide. I don't care either way and they would be the ones watching those threads. :TwoCents: