Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Implements and Attachments (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What do I have here? (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51091)

john hall 01-14-2018 06:08 PM

What do I have here?

3 Attachment(s)
Fellow came to look at my antique farm equipment today. He brought with a him a load of Cadet implements that he no longer needed. I got 2 blades, a deck shell, mule drive frame, and tub of Lord only know what parts. Best part, I got it at a Lew price, maybe better---It was all free, including delivery and unloading!:bigeyes::biggrin2:

So, I have never really paid attention to you guys using blades. But now that I own 2 of them.....:bigthink:
Could someone tell me what these are and what they fit? One has straight mounting brackets, the other has curved ones. Guy thinks they came with either a 14X or a 169 he once owned. Next question, what will they fit--even with modification. I have a 782 and a 124 with no mower decks, but hydro lift that just might look good wearing one of these.

Yes I realize the blades are going to require weights and chains. Any preference over hydro or gear drive.? I may use one to clear the one or two snows we get a year from in front of my garage--thats all the concrete I have. Of course the kid has instant delusions of creating sled runs and 4 wheeler trails. I know they aren't bulldozers, I'm just glad to see a spark of interest in his eye!

darkminion_17 01-14-2018 06:13 PM

John, if you check out the manuals section it can help you out.

john hall 01-14-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkminion_17 (Post 444101)
John, if you check out the manuals section it can help you out.

So, breezing through the manuals, It looks like the curved sub frame would fit the 124. Apparently the setup changes a little depending on manual/hydraulic/electric lift.

I didn't see anything in the tech section about blades under 82 series, did I miss it or is that something OCC just doesn't have yet?

Lew, I'm concerned you didn't comment on the price though--did I pay too much?:biggrin2:

john hall 01-14-2018 06:53 PM

I did find another manual for CCC blades, shows being installed on a 982. Certainly a different blade than what I have.

darkminion_17 01-14-2018 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
John,
No I did not want to comment that you got them free.
Free is free, it is what it is, 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other.

The ones with the curved arms are for a wide frame, I just put one on my 1541, I did have to change the lift arm bracket and use the 82 series lift rod. I also had to grind a 1/2 off the backside of the ears to clear the axle adjusting bolts, but you will not have to do that.
But as it is you will need the 82 series bracket and 3/4" rod to put it on the 782.
It is not going to fit on the 124.

john hall 01-14-2018 08:49 PM

Thanks for the help Lew!

Maybe I can put one on each (124 and 782).:bigthink:
So the lift rod--that's just a rod running from the rockshaft to the blade, correct? I think I have one, don't know what its for.

What is the 82 series bracket you are referring to?

When you come through here headed South, you want to drop off a couple sets of wheel weights for me to keep for you?:biggrin2: Just kidding, if I need some I'll cobble up something, maybe get some cut out on water jet.:bigthink:
As hilly as it is around here, and as common as Farmall Cubs are, you'd think weights would be pretty common. I do have a couple machinery jockeys I could call.........

zippy1 01-14-2018 11:52 PM

Hey John, Put the front tires on a 2x4 and the blade flat on the ground. Measure from the lift bracket to rockshaft, and you'll know if the rod you have is correct.:beerchug:

darkminion_17 01-15-2018 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like this John, The lift rod has a bend in it to avoid hitting the frame.
I guess you could extend your arm with a bolt and use a chain.

Gompers 01-15-2018 11:36 AM

Can't see both of the blade subframes clearly, but the one is definitely for a wide frame.

From the factory, the wideframe subframes have the QA pins facing out from the little arms, and the narrow ones either don't have pins, or have them facing in.

Wideframe ones also have that curve at the back that the one does there. The narrowframe ones are straight and "spread" a little at the back. From what I've seen, these things tend to be modified quite a bit so YMMV.

Baccarat 01-15-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippy1 (Post 444152)
Hey John, Put the front tires on a 2x4 and the blade flat on the ground. Measure from the lift bracket to rockshaft, and you'll know if the rod you have is correct.:beerchug:

Todd: Should you do the same 2x4 deal when mounting a snowthrower? On the 149 with a QA42A thrower the thrower doesn't lift very high off the ground and when in the down position, there is still hydraulic cylinder down room travel left.