Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Banks (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52006)

R Bedell 05-02-2018 07:01 AM

Banks

1 Attachment(s)
I went to the Bank yesterday to make a Deposit into my account. This bank is one of Michigan's largest. The deposit consisted of Cash & checks. Of that deposit, I wanted $152.52 (cash) to be part of that deposit. Not having the exact change, I handed the Teller $153.02. She (the Teller - about early 30's) punched up my account number. Then she looked at me and says, what you gave me doesn't add up to what your deposit ticket says. I said, yes, you are right. I need $0.50 back. She continued to give that blank (WTH look). I could see I was dealing with a real winner here. I pulled back the $153.02 in cash, of that, I selected a $1.00 bill and gave it to her and asked for 4 quarters. She complied. Then I left 2 of the 4 quarters on the counter, put the other 2 in my pocket, and pushed back the $152.02. All of a sudden, the light went off in this Princess's head and then she processed the deposit quickly. As it sunk into her head, that it made her look like an incompetent dufus, she got that "get the hell out" look. I grabbed my receipt and left.

That is why America is in trouble.

yettrbomb 05-02-2018 09:23 AM

Sad but true reality! Not just banks, it’s everywhere :bash2:

Sam Mac 05-02-2018 09:29 AM

Yep, the country is doomed. :beatdeadhorse:

Baccarat 05-02-2018 09:31 AM

Lucky that they didn't call the bank manager & security. They might have thought you trying to rob the bank out of $0.50.

olds45512 05-02-2018 10:37 AM

That's the second best story I've heard this week, the best story I heard isn't forum appropriate.:biggrin2:

samckitt 05-02-2018 12:44 PM

I recently went into the gas station to buy 5 lottery tickets, Mega Millions I believe, they are $2 each now & I was going to buy 5 of them. Told the cashier that I wanted 5 tickets, she went to the machine & asked if I wanted them all on the same ticket, I said sure. Before punching anything in, she said $20. I said "What, did the price go up again? I thought they were $2 each." She said "No, they are still $2 each, but for some reason I was thinking $3 each." I then said, "That still wouldn't be $20." She gave me that confused "huh" look, and said, "I don't know what I was thinking". Then punches it into the cash register for 5 lotto tickets, looked at it, then looked at me & said "$10".

dodge trucker 05-02-2018 01:28 PM

Yup happens constantly in fast food drive up lines and at the gas station, drives me nuts..... :bigthink::angry::bash2:

dadej 05-02-2018 02:10 PM

Soon the cash register will have to say change due is 2 quarters 1 dime etc. I can't believe the clerk can even count the change due without being told how many of each coin.

Billy-O 05-02-2018 11:19 PM

One day, I was checking out at a store and the cashier rung up $10 and change. I gave the cashier a 20 bill and another dollar bill so I can get a 10 bill plus change back. Cashier gives me 10 one dollar bills and change. :bash2:. And they had a sign up that says "NEED SINGLES":Duh:

RumbleFish 05-03-2018 12:12 AM

My neighbors wife has worked at a bank for the last 15 years. On Saturdays at my part time job, I get to take the bank deposit in. Whenever I get her as a cashier, she adds up the cash and then tells me I'm short on the deposit. I remind her to add in the checks and then magically the amount comes out right. Every. Single. Time. I really dont know how one can work at a bank that long and not have mastered the skill of addition with a calculator.