Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   USPS rate increase (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42429)

Jeff in Pa 01-17-2016 07:39 PM

USPS rate increase

I just adjusted all my prices to plus shipping. Seems like every year another increase in rates. I could afford to eat the .25 for the small priority box last year but it just went up $1.70 :bash2:

bocephus1991 01-17-2016 09:34 PM

I work in shipping at my full time job. Ups and fedex have updates almost daily on their charges. It's crazy what they charge. A 9x9x9 box is $11- $16 anywhere in continental US. And insurance is extra!

Rescue11 01-18-2016 04:25 AM

You know, if thats not bad enough, there are companies, like Johnstone Supply that literally mark up their shipping, so if ups charges 12, they tack on 4 bucks n call it an even 16. Ridiculousness

R Bedell 01-18-2016 06:17 AM

The USPS rates went up but you can surely bet, there services isn't any better. There is a reason why they lost $5 BILLION last year. :angry:

Quote:

they tack on 4 bucks and call it an even $16. Ridiculousness
A lot of the vendors I do business with have been adding a "shipping & handling" charge on top of what the shipping agency charges. It can range from $3.00 to $7.50. They claim it covers additional labor and boxing supplies.:bigeyes:

j4c11 01-18-2016 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Bedell (Post 359811)
The USPS rates went up but you can surely bet, there services isn't any better. There is a reason why they lost $5 BILLION last year. :angry:

I had a package ship USPS not too long ago and my browser auto-filled with the wrong zip code, it put in the zip code for High Point NC instead of Greensboro. They're right next to each other. Even though the address was correct and there was a phone number listed, they didn't bother to read the address and reroute it a mile down the road, nor to call, they just sent it back to Ohio. I had the same thing happen with UPS. The driver called, confirmed the correct zip, had the package the next day.

Also, on Friday, USPS left a package right on the porch in the rain. There was water sensitive equipment inside, box was soaked by the time I got home. UPS puts the boxes inside a plastic bag before they leave it.

If I can avoid USPS, I will do so even if I have to pay more :bash:

ol'George 01-18-2016 09:02 AM

My USPS lady is the best, if it won't fit in my large mailbox, she will leave it in the garage or back door of the house!!
But she has to have it in her possession first, sometimes it is FAST, other times they play zip code tag, but I do get my purchases.

Now UPS/Fedex is a different story leaving packages outside.
Was a time, they put them in plastic if it was raining.
But too many new employees now.

Maybe when UPS and FEDEX merge, the service will improve.
But being called FED-UP I have my doubts, Ha,Lol :biggrin2:

j4c11 01-18-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ol'George (Post 359819)
My USPS lady is the best, if it won't fit in my large mailbox, she will leave it in the garage or back door of the house!!

When my USPS lady couldn't fit an envelope in the mailbox, she just bent it in half. It was a head gasket.

bocephus1991 01-18-2016 09:17 PM

We have a (Mark up) on our shipping too. A note about ups years ago when I worked at a different place a customer called stating he didn't receive his shipment. It was winter. He found it next spring inside his Bbq grill! Lol

Jeff in Pa 01-18-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bocephus1991 (Post 359958)
We have a (Mark up) on our shipping too. A note about ups years ago when I worked at a different place a customer called stating he didn't receive his shipment. It was winter. He found it next spring inside his Bbq grill! Lol

The idiot mail lady ( luckily she retired ) but a box I was expecting in the old toy box on the front porch one spring. We use the box for kindling and I finally got the part in the early fall :bash2:

Cub Cadet 123 01-18-2016 09:35 PM

Odd how fuel prices go down considerably and shipping costs increases! Walt Disney said,"It's a small world after all", then why are these costs keep rising? :bigthink:

Cub Cadet 123