Only Cub Cadets

Only Cub Cadets (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php)
-   Get To Know The Members (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New member from Kansas. (https://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47203)

flatpickerray 01-08-2017 05:28 PM

New member from Kansas.

8 Attachment(s)
Okay here's my story, I recently joined but have been looking at this site for a few years on and off. I finally got tired of not being able to see all the pictures and decided to join. I worked at an IH dealership back in the mid seventies assembling farm implements and of course Cub Cadets. I bought my first Cub Cadet while there and have been hooked for life. I think it was a used 70 or 100, I can't remember. I've owned several since then and currently have a pretty nice 782.
This past week I've been doing an engine swap do to a bad oil leak(front seal).
I found a 1993 Huskee with a Kohler M20 so I thought I would upgrade from the KT-17 series 1.
I did have to do a few mods but it wasn't bad at all. The biggest difference was the crankshaft on the M20 is an inch longer than on the 17. On the Huskee they had a one inch spacer behind the PTO whereas I put the spacer in front of the cub PTO, it worked out great.
Another thing was the sheet metal up front had to be modified a little bit but worked out. Had to cut one for access to the oil filter. Had to reconfigure the choke cable and that's about it. Of course I had to do the relay thing which wasn't bad either. Thanks Roland Bedell for the drawings and wiring diagrams, I've used them a lot in the past. Also thanks everyone for all the great advice you give on here, even though I worked at IH, I'm no expert on them.
If anyone needs that old KT-17 shoot me an offer. It's basically complete and has not been run without oil.

RustyYellow 01-08-2017 05:55 PM

Just saying Hi from the east of ya out of Missouri.

Del

Randy Littrell 01-08-2017 07:09 PM

Welcome Flat!! KC, Mo checking in here. I grew up in Greensburg, KS, where is KS are you from?

Randy

flatpickerray 01-08-2017 07:17 PM

Hi Del, I just added more pictures. I didn't do it right the first time.

flatpickerray 01-08-2017 07:19 PM

Hi Randy, I'm around the Topeka area. I have lots of cousins up around KC, MO.

IHinIN 01-08-2017 08:04 PM

Welcome to OCC.

PaulS 01-08-2017 08:12 PM

Welcome. I have a daughter and family living in the north section of the Topeka area we get there usually in April and again in Sept.

Stultz83 01-12-2017 12:27 PM

welcome! I'm down in Augusta ks and I am also planning to put a m20 in one of my 782's however I haven't really looked into it yet. what kind of relay do I need and where did you get yours from?

flatpickerray 01-12-2017 10:03 PM

It's just an automotive type relay, I got mine off of ebay but I suppose auto parts stores have them. I have a hard time finding stuff on this forum a second time, but somewhere on here there is a wiring diagram and explanation
of how to do it and what all you need. -Ray

zippy1 01-12-2017 11:07 PM

:Welcome2: Ray.
Good tractor you got right there.:beerchug: